Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Life Is Unfair

Life is not fair.  If you do bad things you should be punished, right?  Well not you, of course, but some other bad person.  Fairness is about quid pro quo.  Checks and balances.  But I keep coming across people who did lots of bad and did not get all that punished.  They somehow got a reprieve.  They should be in a living hell if life is fair, but instead they are quite often happy, joyous and free of doing those bad things of their past.  The super reprieve is when someone lives a bad life, is unkind to themselves and others, and so on, but on their deathbed, confesses and receives absolution with their last breath.  It is a bit like the criminal on the cross next to Jesus.  One good act is all it took.  When I am really into self-pity wishes, I fantasize that I spent a life of debauchery but made a good confession with my last breath.   If you are relying on good timing, your chances are about as good as Vegas and the Craps tables.  Or maybe the lottery.  I will go with the daily trudge.

No comments:

Post a Comment