Friday, December 6, 2013

Losing Weight

Losing weight is one thing.  There are various diets and even surgery to help us to lose pounds.  The goal though, is to stay slim once we lose weight.  It seems that the method used to lose weight should be connected with the way to stay slim.  There are reasons that we got fat.  We ate and lived a certain lifestyle.  To change the eating but not the lifestyle will lead to loss and then return to fat.  I  have found it to be so.  I have found that to change the lifestyle, I can eat a bit of junk and carbs.  So I run, or as I get older, jog.  I eat fewer treats, but still eat treats.  I have to decide what price I will pay to have the weight I want.  Many of us do not want to pay a price, or cannot for what ever reason.  The good news is that you can go to heaven overweight.  People will love you still.  You can be kind and loving.  Skinny people are not any better than heavy people.  But if you use food to make yourself happy, you are living an uphill life.  Regardless of what God and others think, I like me better when I am slim.  After all, I am the only one who has to live this life in my body.

1 comment:

  1. Wel the last time we met, I thought that you looked especially skinny. Just after you returned from your haymaking summer at Snowmass I believe. Mike

    ReplyDelete