Saturday, December 14, 2013

Locust Diet

Did you know that a locust can eat its weight in food each day?  Some people eat as if they are on the locust diet and get very offended if anything is said.  I think that the resentment and anger is in part because it is hard to deny that you are fat…if in fact you are fat.  Think of some one who is called stupid, a drunk, a sinner, lazy, prideful, judgmental and so on.  These are all attitudes or ways of acting.  In these situations people can argue their way out, defend their behavior, compare and contrast themselves with someone else and so on.  A fat person cannot really say they are not fat if in fact they know they are fat.  Lazy is not an appearance.  Some people don't really care if they are fat, or at least they say so.  When we have to face God after death, if not in this life, God will give us plenty for which  we cannot argue our way out.  At that point I suspect we will feel as badly as the person who is fat but wishes they were not.  Fat people can go to heaven.  Gluttony is a rathe minor offense in the scene of things, as is an eating disorder.  I think that the prideful, judgmental, will have a harder time because these hurt others.  I wonder if any of the apostles are fat?

1 comment:

  1. I am fat - not obese on the charts, but fat - about 15 lbs more than my ideal weight. And, if I compare myself to those running people - then I would be obese. Sometimes it's not how much you eat, but what you eat. Stress also contributes to fat - not only that like an alcoholic you eat to cover up your distress - but because it changes your hormonal response to eating and your body stores food for a future fight. - Sue

    ReplyDelete