Sunday, December 1, 2013

JFK

I look back on the 50th Anniversary of President Kennedy's assassination.  In his honor, I went to mass that day.  In Jackie's honor I went shopping.  God and sales are hard for me to resist.  I can pray anywhere, but San Francisco is a great shopping town.  I don't want to spend too much time living in "what might have been," because that includes my past as well.  JFK never had a day past November 22, 1963.  I did.  I still have today.  How can I be of service?  How do I recognize the miracle of my life given one more day by God?  I try to keep the past in perspective, in memory and respect, but not so its energy controls the present.  Even my past successes guarantee nothing today.  Live in the now and destiny will take care of itself.

1 comment:

  1. Yes this point is a fundamental of my thinking.
    I think you spoke of beginning each day with a prayer of gratitude.Work on living in the present moment, not ruminating in the past or anxious over the future which we can not control; then end each day with self reflection and prayer of gratitude for graces received (and shopping goodies received)

    ReplyDelete