Saturday, November 30, 2013

Incomprehensible

A group of Catholic theologians, PhD types, said that my Church's teaching on marriage and sexuality was incomprehensible and outdated.  Whew!  I thought I was just stupid because I could not make heads or tails out of our reasoning and method in this teaching.  Maybe I am not so dumb.  Incomprehensible.  Some people say the teaching is just fine, but I have found such people don't really read how the conclusions are arrived at.  They just agree with the conclusions.  Prejudice always takes shortcuts, and often lives in a past when we did not know better.

2 comments:

  1. Love you!!!! - Especially when you agree with my thoughts!!!! Do you feel that way about those PhD's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering, if you were codifying the teachings, what would you propose? Is there a highest and best teaching? Is there one way?

    ReplyDelete