Friday, November 22, 2013

Failure

I am a failure.  I just went to make a deposit to my business account at the local bank here in San Francisco. It was a paltry amount.  It seems that no one is much interested in hearing me speak about my chosen field.  This is the abyss of failure.  On the other hand, there is a light in the darkness.  I put more money into my personal account than my business one. Why? I did kind things as a priest, I guess, and from time to time, people give me money.  One fellow passing through town gave me a Ben Franklin and I had not seen him in a decade.  Guess I did something nice or right.  To sum it up, I am a failure as a teacher/speaker, but not so bad as a priest.  I did a home birthday mass for someone, and that $$$ went into the bank too.  What ever happened to home masses?  I am good at that!

4 comments:

  1. Father Terry, I think you need to ramp-up your business skills. For instance I never even knew that Home Mass' existed! With a little bit of marketing, say... a billboard or two, you could get rolling pretty quickly in the market. www.fatherterryhomemass.com is still available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be young. Home masses were the rage in the 70s and early 80s. Then everyone stopped being home at night, or just stopped being interested enough in church.

      Delete
  2. Gee Fr. Terry, from the past few posts, I didn't realize you measured success in dollars. I thought you measured it by lives touched and people helped. But, if you want dollars, I agree with Anonymous, you need to ramp up your marketing and social media outreach. Grab that website quick and check out duck tape marketing. It's either that or start dialing for dollars and cold calling. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do but dollars are easier for others to measure success. Plus it pays the bills. Debtor's Prison always awaits.

    ReplyDelete