Thursday, November 14, 2013

Puzzled

Why do women like me?  I don't mean in any romantic sense, but rather women seem to feel comfortable with me.  Yet I admit that I do not understand women.  I spent almost all of my school years in all male classrooms.  When I dated, I was selfish and self-centered.  Seminaries don't rid you of self issues.  I do know one or two things when with a woman.  Never talk to their breasts.  Try for eye contact.  This is Women 101.  Never interrupt when a woman is speaking to me.  This is Women 102.  When a woman is talking about an issue, a problem, a feeling, do not offer, THE solution, as in, "This is what you should do."  This is Women 201.  Ask about feelings, not solutions.  Women are not stupid.  When indoors and engaging with a woman, take your hat off, say hello and look at her face.  I do this with bank tellers, for instance.  No woman is beneath you.  Income and job title is not status.  WOMAN is the status.  This might be women 301.  Anyhow guys, I learned all this very late in life.  Ignore me at your own peril.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting subject matter. I'm glad your blog wasn't about Pope Francis! I don't know how to comment.

    ReplyDelete