Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Hudson River

The headwaters of the Hudson river extend out 100 miles into the Atlantic ocean.  My experience told me otherwise.  I remember boating with my brother-in-law, Jerry, in the Hudson River around Newburgh, NY.  That is as far up the river as the ocean can penetrate.  Certainly no 100 miles.  At one point, I jumped into the water and it was fresh water.  A little downstream, I jumped in again and it was salty.  I figured, given my experience, that somewhere nearby the Hudson had ended and the Atlantic took over.  Wrong.  That Hudson River poured out 100 miles into the Atlantic ocean with lots of fresh water.  Experience is not everything.  Remember that the next time you say, "I experienced God."  God may be a lot more than your experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment