Saturday, November 9, 2013

Quinoa

Today, I cooked Quinoa for the first time.  It was an act of faith.  People who praised Quinoa, that I knew, are veggie eaters or worse, vegans.  Can anything good come out of a veggie food?  I admit, I am narrow-minded.  I am a Catholic priest.  What else did you expect?  Anyhow, I decided to trust my veggie friends and make a leap of faith.  I had chocolate/chocolate chip ice cream near by just in case.   I followed directions on the Quinoa package.  When cooked the Quinoa looked, well, uninteresting.  I thought of going direct to ice cream.  I said grace and tasted the Quinoa.  Surprise!  It tasted very good.  Plus it is full of nutrients.  The ice cream is still in the freezer.  Faith can be a good thing.  Believe and eat Quinoa.  I have found God pretty nourishing too.

2 comments:

  1. "There is a principle that is a bar to all knowledge, proof against all argument, and cannot fail to keep one in everlasting ignorance. That principle is contempt prior to investigation." ~ Herbert Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  2. To make it even better the next time, chop up a little onion, garlic, and/or shredded carrot and cook them with the quinoa. Happy cooking! It would be like adding Fr. Terry's blog to one's daily reading!

    ReplyDelete