Thursday, December 21, 2017

A Glass Of Wine

The American Institute For Cancer Research says that a recent study connects women who drink a single glass of wine each day to an increase risk of breast cancer.  Wow!  So I guess maybe one of the benefits for women in AA is that they have a reduced risk of breast cancer.  If this study has any validity, it would not be good for the wine industry.  On the other hand, what if women began to drink Jack Daniels or Wild Turkey or beer?  I don't know if the study refers to the alcohol content or if it is just a study on drinking wine.  Women who I know who can drink a single glass of wine for a meal or when they relax after work, tell me of all the benefits they experience.  I know other women who have never been able to drink only a single glass of wine anywhere, or at any time.  So I don't know what "increased risk" means.  So the next time I am with a woman who is drinking a single glass of wine should I say, "You know that wine increases your risk of breast cancer."  I think I will keep my mouth shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment