Sunday, December 17, 2017

Common Suffering

I belong to a group that is bound together by common suffering.  You might ask why I would want to be part of such a group?  Isn't suffering to be avoided?  Well, that is why I joined the group.   In my group we all have a common suffering, but we have a lot of love and respect for one another, and believe me, we are all quite different outside of our common suffering.  We are never exclusive but rather inclusive.  People who don't have our suffering do not seek to join us or stay within our group.  They self-select themselves out of the group after a visit or two.  Our group is bound by suffering, not by belief in an agreed upon Deity.  Our belief is in the group and our dynamics of action stemming from what we learn in the group.  The rest of the day, we go our separate ways, but follow some common steps or path that keep the suffering at bay.  We may call one or another or text, as a way of being helpful outside of the common meetings.  Gratefulness always seems to trump suffering in my daily life.  Thank you group.

No comments:

Post a Comment