Friday, December 29, 2017

No Room At The Inn

In the birth of Jesus, he is born outdoors in a stable or cave because "there is no room in the Inn."  For me, this means that Christ seeks to be born each day through me, through my heart, but if I am so preoccupied with my own little world, I fill up that inner space and have no room for him.  God comes into the world each day through how we act with one another.  A selfish, self-entered person has little time for the concerns and needs of others.  Other people are simply meant to help us get what we want.  If they cannot do that, we avoid them, or try to eliminate them, or control them, all for our own selfish ends.  Compassion, love, acceptance, forgiveness, charity all are the ways that God is born each day into our world.  Meditation is the way that I begin each day to make room in my Inn for God.  Even if you don't believe in all this God stuff, meditation will make room in your heart for the needs of others.  Not their wants, but their needs is what calls for our loving response.

No comments:

Post a Comment