Monday, November 13, 2023

Change

 Life happens.  Well, better it happens to you than to me.  I have trouble accepting that life happens.  Why?  Because that means change.  I prefer control, stability, power, certainty.  The only certainty is that life changes.  When I don't want the change, which is too often, I tend to blame, complain, have a pity party with myself.  Pathetic, yes.  I can temporarily get rid of all these feelings, life happening, in very self-destructive ways that are short-term.  Tried that in the past.  Disaster.  I became more pathetic and miserable and life was no different.  It was changing.  So I work on acceptance.  Acceptance is the springboard for me to positive action in the real world of change.  Sometimes, doing less in the moment is the better way to keep up with change in a positive acceptance mode.  

No comments:

Post a Comment