Thursday, November 23, 2023

Urgency Road

 Urgency is often the road to nowhere, but you hurry to get things done in the moment anyway.  We can become servants or slaves to the urgent.  It must be done now.  It is a slavery to being busy.  For the preoccupied, meditation is never urgent.  It can always be done later.  Except "later" never seems to show up.  This is why I try to begin my day with meditation so that I can free myself from the shackles of urgent that wait to chain me to the frenetic moment.  Happy Thanksgiving.  Avoid the frantic.  It is a gift to yourself.  

3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Father Ryan! Starting my day with a few readings, like your blog, before meditating is a daily gift that I don't take for granted. 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you Blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving 🍁

    ReplyDelete