Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Stillfulness

I like this word, "stillfulness." My dictionary and spell-check do not seem to like it.  I do.  It is an attitude, a manner, a quality of lifestyle.  It is more than a counter to physical busy-busy.  It is also a quality of prayer in solitude.  I can still the body after a bit, but the innards might take all the technique I can engender.  But the goal is stillfulness.   There is a famous psalm refrain in the bible that says, "Be still and know that I am God."  Stillfulness runs through a lot of spiritual paths and practices.  So it must be important.  Even in a busy day, are there moments when you can be still, but let anxiety, fear, resentments keep you agitated?  Not moving, like waiting in a car, is not stillfulness.  I add this word to my spiritual dictionary .  

2 comments: