Friday, April 12, 2024

Travel With Hope

 Aspen Airport is always an adventure in the winter time.  Some locals won’t go anywhere from Aspen in the Winter, but not me.  My last time out it was snowing a lot early in the morning so I was not sure I would go anywhere on my “scheduled” flight.  Aspen Airport calls for a lot of surrender along with hope.  The snow stopped and the sun came out.  My plane, which was actually there, pulled away from the gate on time.  “Thank you God” prayer was a bit premature.  About to take off, the pilot said something was wrong with the runway.  Yuck!  We sat and waited.  Then the attendant informed us that we would be flying at a lower altitude so we had to return to the gate and get more fuel.  “Surrender” was leaking out of my heart.  Hope had fled.  No mention of the runway, or why we were flying at a lower altitude came up after we refueled.  We did take off eventually, and got to San Francisco only a few minutes late.  I apologized to God.  With Aspen Airport one loses faith or find its!

1 comment:

  1. So many opportunities to get on the rollercoaster of emotions while traveling - happy it all worked out! 💖

    ReplyDelete