Friday, September 20, 2024

A Small God

 Some of us who are skeptical about God’s existence tend to make their  God too small.  That is, they make it small enough to comprehend or deny.  I don’t think a small god can do anyone any good.  You have to get beyond what you believe or deny.  That god is all in your head.  God is much bigger than anyone can comprehend.  God is energy and is revealed through the heart not the head or imagination.  Meditation is the path to the heart.  It is why Step 11 in the AA Recovery program tells the initiate to meditate.  Belief is optional.  Learn to meditate and things will go much better in life and recovery.  Small gods are for the more self-centered, less helpful oriented people.  Small gods can pave the way to make oneself the center of our world.  My God is beyond what I can think up or imagine.  So I don’t so much try to think God as to experience the Power.  

4 comments:

  1. I love this so much and connected completely, thank you! God doesn't live in a box, as a wise friend once shared in his workshop, and meditation is a pathway to so much. Father Ryan - your such a great teacher and sending lots of love your way 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Father. I am struggling late in life after being a social drinker most of my life...Ellen I has turned n me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turned into a problem..I Never expected

      Delete
    2. Turned into a problem..I Never expected

      Delete