Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Default Position

 My default position used to be “self-centeredness.”  What is in it for me?  How will this affect me?  Me and more me.  It works if I want isolation, loneliness and unhappiness.  I would rather not have much of those things if self-imposed.  So what is my new default position?  Honesty.  Be honest with myself.  Know and admit when I am doing things only to please me at the expense of others.  This admittance opens me to some space for a change in attitude, from all about me, to being about others, as in “we are all one.”  Am I being helpful or hurtful?  My meditation and spiritual reading does focus on me, but this is so that I can go forth being of service to others.  I have found a more fulfilling way of feeling good about me.  It is not always easy.  Attitude helps to ease the way.  

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed on your ongoing mission to "get" who you are. We all need the humility that you continue to challenge us with. Ellen

    ReplyDelete