Sunday, October 16, 2011

Just because

Just because I have a thought about doing something, this does not mean I have to act on it. I mean thoughts about doing something that would seem to be good or useful. I wake up in the morning, and sometimes my mind fills up with "stuff that needs doing." I get so weary just thinking about all this stuff and then feeling guilty that I did not do things earlier, or forgot to do something from a previous day or week!

These are just thoughts. My mind has a mind of it's own. I lay these thoughts aside for the moment. First things first, I pray. I thank God for the gift of this day, for faith, for the health I do have. I ask to be of some use to God's will. My will woke up crazy. I rest a little in God, with some hot tea or coffee. Surprise! That list of tasks, some disappeared, and some no longer seem so weary. I suspect the ones that were not part of God's plan, just went poof!

No comments:

Post a Comment