Saturday, October 15, 2011

Perfection

When I get discontented that whatever I have or do is not good enough, I suspect that I am into my "I am not perfect enough." I may not be conscious of this feeling of inadequacy. It is buried under the feeling of discontent with what I have or did. Example: I go for a run with some friends. I don't run as well that day as my fantasy wanted or expected. The result? I had a wonderful exercise outdoors in beautiful surroundings with friends, but I am discontented, even irritable!

If God were this way in our relationship, demanding perfection, I would be doomed. God would always be irritated at me! I would make a very bad God. The next time your mate, date, or friend is not perfect enough, maybe they are not the problem. I belong to a very imperfect Church. I have to find a better Church. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment