Sunday, October 2, 2011

Respect Life

My calendar says that this Sunday is a "Respect Life" Sunday. I thought that was in January? Anyway, it is good to have some special days to ask how we respect life. I am against the death penalty. An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth is Old Testament stuff. I wonder how many people were glad that the fellow in Georgia got executed last week. I wonder if they said, "Justice is done!" or "He got what he deserved."

What if God was like this? I would be in bad shape, as would a lot of other people. I don't want justice to be done in my case. I want mercy and forgiveness from God. If I got what I deserved, it would be one bad day after another, and no eternal happiness. I think I will try to model myself on God's example of mercy and forgiveness. I will respect life, as God respects my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment