Wednesday, November 28, 2012

911

I was in the sacristy of a big Cathedral church and wanted to go to the parish office which was below the church.  So I went through a door and down a flight of stairs out another door, which left me in an open corridor one level up from the parking lot.  I turned to go back inside but the door did not open to let me back inside.  All the doors on that outdoor corridor were locked.  I was stuck.  I was locked out but yet not able to go anywhere.  Strange that the building security leaves one stranded, yet imprisoned.

I guess that when a church wants to keep you out, or get you out, it can make the process very unpleasant and one that leaves you feeling a bit helpless.  Someone did wander along who allowed me back into the world of being on the inside.  For some people, a simple key is not enough to get back in.

1 comment:

  1. It seems that as we all move through life; we close some doors and open new ones; new opportunities, new jobs, new loves. Then we waste all our time in regret, wishing we had not closed a particular door; that time and distance will never allow us to open again. Locked out once more

    ReplyDelete