Thursday, November 29, 2012

Hurry Not

I have found a way to be at peace and enjoy my time, when driving on the streets of San Francisco.  Never be in a hurry.  In a car or on a bus, this town is not meant to get from one place to another quickly.  I give myself plenty of time to get where I have to go.  This is key.  I plan.  I plan because life is such a mess if I do not.  I would get all stressed, upset, whining and resentful.  I don't want to go there.  It is a bad place for me. Because I am not in a rush, when I get somewhere, I am pleasant and peaceful.  I am ready to be of service or enjoy an event.  

With prayer, if I do not leave some block of time, the prayer is rushed rather than peaceful or open to listening to God.  The monastery always leaves time each day specifically for prayer.  You fill that time up with other projects at your own peril.  You won't last as a monk.  I rarely recover time later in the day.  Start out in a frenzy of activity and I have set the pace for the day.  The frenzy is about fear, ego, or self-image, all nonsense.  I would rather tell someone I did not do something than tell God at night that I ditched the prayer for whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment