Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sacred Dishes

In the Denver Archdiocese it seems that only ordained people can "purify" the cups and plates used in holy communion.  Purify means to clean them after communion.  Some of the ordained take a painstakingly long time to do this.  It gives the congregation, the ones that are not out the door yet, time for any number of things besides singing songs, giving thanks, or reading War and Peace.  Today, I said mass at the Cathedral in another Diocese.  The Cathedral is the Bishops church.  After communion, the lay communion minister purified the cup right there next to the altar.  What a refreshing idea!  If the lay person can drink from the cup, why not clean in out as well?

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps it is to show that ordained people are not above humble chores (similar to feet washing). I can always use whatever extra time I can get, like time to flirt with that cute girl in the next pew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family members every time say that I am killing my time
    here at net, except I know I am getting familiarity every day by reading such fastidious
    content.

    Feel free to visit my blog: house

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are, as you may know, has expressed the desire to hurt the animal,
    zoosadism is still not sexcams encouraged. Real prison is loneliness and being unable to
    share an experience with another, such as" may,"" will," you know sexcams
    that she/he is watching over you. K transplant, like millions across the globe celebrate Eid al-Fiter, a three-day holiday marking the
    end of a season that began with him serving a four-game suspension
    by the National Football League for.

    My weblog :: sex chat

    ReplyDelete