Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Equal Opportunity


Global warming is an equal opportunity destroyer.  Just look at Boulder.  Living on a hill in a gated community did not do much for you.  Living next to the babbling brook did even worse.  Now for the future.  If you are thinking of living in Boulder because your friends are here, then you will stay for your friends.  If you are staying for the outdoor lifestyle, you might consider another running and biking/hiking venue.  Outdoors here is full of canyons and mountains that are messy for living in global warming.  There is no global warming?  OK.  Have your life turned upside down for some other reason you choose.  I have always stayed in Boulder and come back to Boulder for the people, my friends and church congregation.  There are better places/weather for running.  The restaurants and culture are a bit minimal.  I don't like cold weather.  I can get used to running on a soft trail in the rain, but I never get used to the cold.  I don't bike.  The scenery?  From downtown Boulder, I would take San Francisco anytime, and I prefer the ocean to the mountains.  No, it is people that keep me coming back.  They leave for safer places?  I leave too.

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty hardcore, Father. I've lived here 40+ years. However, when I think about it... If my friends left, I would leave too. I love the mountains and the biking; but I loved it more 30 years ago .. before everybody else discovered it too. So what's the point? We are part of something greater?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty hardcore, Father. I've lived here 40+ years. However, when I think about it... If my friends left, I would leave too. I love the mountains and the biking; but I loved it more 30 years ago .. before everybody else discovered it too. So what's the point? We are part of something greater?

    ReplyDelete