Wednesday, September 11, 2013

World Series

It is amazing to me how many things that were important to me as a boy, are still important now.  Is that your experience?  I grew up with the World Series, that is baseball, for those of you who are sport challenged.  Every October I was glued into the radio.  So was my Dad, and lots of my friends.  It helped that my teams were playing.  It was a best of seven series.  Today, I still look forward to the World Series even though my teams all stink or are too mediocre to get to the Series.  The boy is in the man.  I still like chocolate cake.  My Mom made sure that I had this from time to time.  Sadly, it is difficult for me to find someone to make me a chocolate cake.  Make it myself, you say? You miss the point.  The cake was gift.  That was part of being a boy, the giftedness of life.  I still cling to hope.  For that matter, a God who is no longer gift, but earned by my good behavior or belief, well, what is the point of that?  That  Earned God was not part of being a boy in the Bronx.  My God was a gift.

2 comments:

  1. Good Story Father. Is God a gift for the good or bad boy mostly? There is no answer, is there? It's beyond the scope of the human mind... so then, what? Pray? Do Good? Hope? or worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Story Father. Is God a gift for the good or bad boy mostly? There is no answer, is there? It's beyond the scope of the human mind... so then, what? Pray? Do Good? Hope? or worry.

    ReplyDelete