Sunday, February 16, 2014

All Of Me

When I say that I have God within me, I mean, the Presence, the Spirit.  We Catholics believe that God added a human body to this Spirit that we all have.  But when I sit with God or pray to God, I don't have this body.  Part of God is missing, the body part.  When I receive the host, called the Eucharist, or Holy Communion, I get all of God.  The Eucharist is the way that God can give everything of God.  I have a body too.  Do I give everything to God?  To be honest, I hold back even though God gives all.  But honesty is a start.  It keeps me in reality.  To say that I give God my all, when I don't, is to be out of touch.  Every time I receive the host, I can ask myself how much of me does God get back?  I would rather not wait until death to give God my all.  Could be a bit late.

No comments:

Post a Comment