Monday, February 24, 2014

Mice

My recently deceased friend, Barbara, is already looking out for me from beyond her death.  I came back to Boulder for three days in order to preside at her funeral.  I arrived to find mice in my room, and things were a mess.  They ate my chocolate.  Had I come back to Boulder in a month from now, my original plan, the mice would have done so much more damage.  Apparently, they have been in the house since October, but not upstairs.  No resident or worker did anything about it. Whimps!  I, being a monk on a ranch each summer, knew what to do.  I attacked.  I trapped five mice the first night.  Eat my chocolate, you die mice.  I will be away again for another month.  I pray to St. Barbara that the mice will do me no more damage.  We will see.  It is nice to have friends in high places though.  I hope there is no patron saint for mice.

3 comments:

  1. Do you prefer milk chocolate or dark chocolate? I want to do something for the mice! I will be getting you something in Milwaukee, Wi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saint Gertrude of Nevelles is the patron saint of cats & for those with an acute fear of mice! Attack those varmints

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need a cat or two. They will take care of your living things called mice the natural way. They may be a nuisance but do they need to die painfully at the hands of a man made trap?

    ReplyDelete