Thursday, February 20, 2014

Happiness

I want to be happy.  But I may not always know what will make me happy.  I do know what I want.  Prayer is part of my path through this maze.  I present to God what I want and ask God to reveal to me if it will make me happy or not.  If I am praying regularly, to include some "friendship" meditation time with God, I think that I will be moving in the direction of happiness.  Happiness is not always feeling good.  That is a short term thing.  Happiness is not always getting what I "want."  I am too flawed to follow my wants, unaided by God.  Even if you don't believe in God you might try this.  If you are consistently unhappy, what have you got to lose?

2 comments:

  1. Happiness is too feeling good, if you equate good with satisfied. I am happy when I have fulfilled my obligations to my family, friends, and community. I am happy when I have time to rest in contemplation of the beauty of the world. I am happy when my spirit is resting is resting in the glory of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Happy, what the hell's happy?"

    ReplyDelete