Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sport Challenged

Someone remarked about the Super Bowl, "Who Cares."  I know that he dislikes sports and loves opera.  So I told him that 108 million people will be watching the game, and that is a whole lot more than watch opera.  Now I like opera too.  Just because I cannot sing an aria, does not mean I would hate opera.  Yet, I have met many a person who dislikes sports either because they cannot or did not ever play or because they had some bad experience from others when it came to sports.  We really narrow our world down when we write something off simply because we cannot do it ourselves or we cannot get over childhood immaturity from our classmates.  Just because you have God issues does not mean that religious people are idiots.  Tolerance and acceptance can be doors to a bigger world of experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment