Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Salt And Pepper

We cannot live on salt and pepper.  These are condiments, meant to flavor the food.  We need the food, though condiments are quite yummy, and sometimes the food is not so yummy without a little added flavoring.  At times, I live a day without feeding my soul.  I attend to outside stuff, errands, tasks, and yes, trivialities.  This is like trying to live on condiments.  Prayer, reflection, time just for me to be a bit quiet and still, is the food I need each day.  Why do I starve myself some days?  Surely, you who read this blog early in the morning, are not going to try to get through your day on condiments and ignore the spiritual life?  I am going to pray right now, early, before I load up on the guilt and shame I just sent your way!

1 comment: