Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Apology

If you decide to approach someone you don’t like, to say, “I am sorry,” or “I apologize,” a way to make the best of it is to go with the attitude of helpfulness and forgiveness toward this person who you find disagreeable.  Will it make them change?  Not your job.  You are going to this person so that you will change for the better.  For recovery people you can find this in the eighth and ninth step of the twelve step program.  There is something about wanting to be helpful, or at least offering to be helpful to another person that does me good.  For one thing, it gets me out of myself.  Most of us know that when having a bad patch of time, we feel better when we do something helpful for another person or group.  Whining just makes a bad time continue as a bad time.  I try to be sufficiently helpless so that when a friend is having a stressful day at work, they can do something nice for me and we both feel better.  If there are no helpless people around you how will can ever be of service?  Oops!  I might be a little into self.  Better go do something good for someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment