Tuesday, August 14, 2018

The Potter

I think of creation and its ongoing activity with stars forming, becoming super novas, blowing up, black holes and new stars, galaxies, planets forming, as something done by "The Potter."  A potter works on creating something and when it is not quite finished, or quite as she might want it, she takes it apart and reusing the same clay, and maybe some new clay, continues to create the pottery.  The attitude of the potter is, "not quite."  That is, things are not quite as they can be or the potter envisions it.  I am like a mound of clay and the "Great Potter" is working on me.  I am "not quite." When I am unbalanced, not quite all that I can be, the Potter takes me apart a bit and works on me some more.  Spiritual growth is the "not quite," not yet all that I am meant to be.  I can only hope that being completed shattered is behind me, that I am on more of a continuum to some completion of the Potter's plan for me.  I don't think that death will end the process.  I may not be in this human flesh, but as with all creation, once you are, you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment