Monday, August 21, 2023

Change

 Many of us shun change when it seems to equal loss.  We like things to remain the same because they are familiar, or we can think of nothing better.  "At least I have this or that," we say.  The downside to this is that we can get into a rut that blinds us to new possibilities.  We spend all of or time in maintenance of what we know.  And we tend to hang around with the same people who are in agreement with us.  It can surely be a safe life and one of some growth, but it may be a life that is not as full as we were meant to be.  At this point, to think about change can be scary.  Fear.  Anxiety.  Feeling like an outlier.  I am about to lose my monastery "home."  What next?  I don't know.  But I try to stay open to change.  And get second opinions.  God is one of those opinions.  

1 comment:

  1. One day at time, with God, is one way you've helped me with change - remember, you are loved and not alone! ❤️

    ReplyDelete