Monday, August 28, 2023

The Facts

 It is said, "Feelings are not facts."  They can be very helpful in directing our life away from danger, inappropriate situations, so they have a place.  But I try not to use feelings to assess the facts of what is going on.  I may feel angry, or judgmental around someone, but generally I don't know about all the facts of their life.  So many times, given a feeling, I have judged someone of some situation, only to find out with more "information" that I was wrong, and missed out of something very beneficial.  Never judge a meeting by how I feel when I walk in.  Never judge a priest by his sermon, or the church service by how I "feel."  None of these are dangerous!  I try to be patient and avoid becoming a danger to myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment