Saturday, December 16, 2023

Just Enough

 How much or little do we need to love ourself?  I need to love myself enough to ask for outside help when in a turmoil.  Love myself with enough humility to admit that I am worth a solution to my present predicament and I am clueless at the moment what that solution is.  But I trust I am not alone though I may feel frightening alone.  This is the bottom line love of myself.  It is needed when I feel at the bottom of whatever mess I am in.  In prayer I seek to love myself in turmoil, fear, loneliness, and resentment.  Oh and in self-pity too.  It is easy to love me when things are going well.  I forget it was not all my doing that things are going well.  I take too much credit in the good times, but have too little power of my own in the bad times.  So I love myself to ask for help and be in gratitude.  

1 comment: