Friday, December 29, 2023

My Fictional Life

 I like recovery rooms because I tend to see a person, and not a fictional character in the the drama of my own life.  If I see someone well dressed, I don’t think, “Oh, that person is rich.  Had all the advantages of life.  I bet they drank great stuff while I drank Ripple Wine.  I doubt they know the suffering I knew.  I don’t like that person.”  Or I see someone dressed in shabby clothes, unwashed.  I don’t say, “What a bum. Probably lives in some messy outdoor place.  Glad I never got that bad.”  Unless I can see the real person, look in their face and see them as sharing our life together, then any story I write of myself will be fiction.  Fiction is opinion, judgment, resentment, while love is from the heart.  Recovery is a heart journey. 

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more, LOVE in action once we learn to let go.

    ReplyDelete