Friday, December 22, 2023

Spasms

We all have spasms of selfishness, resentment and fear.  It happens.  Pause when it happens.  My morning prayer gives me the insight to pause.  Maybe someone or something is at fault.  Life is imperfect out there.  But a pause allows me to refrain from a very damaging response or action on my part.  Hurt feelings are very powerful.  The ego is never really fully satisfied.  A pause allows me to ask what is going on with me that I have this emotional upheaval or response trigger?  Am I being judgmental?  Why?  I can really only work on me and that is enough of a daily job in this world.  Emotional spasms can be like muscle spasms.  Pause. Wait.  Don’t make it worse by overreacting.  Maybe even say a prayer while you are waiting.  

2 comments:

  1. Love this, the pause along with prayer are some of the best tools around. ❤️

    ReplyDelete