Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Prayers Chores

 Periodically, about once a month, I am in charge of sweeping and wet mopping the kitchen in the monastery.  I do it for a week.   It is a sizable kitchen as it is in a monastery.  Now I can complain about having to do this menial job, and how the monks make more mess than is necessary, and so on.  Whine or what?  How about prayer while I mop?  I find it releases me of the burden of self.  I become tranquil and at peace with myself and others as I do this task.  And the kitchen looks the better for it.  And so do I in my demeanor.  

4 comments:

  1. I completely relate though ours is a smaller kitchen and done daily... when I pray or invite gratitude- it changes the entire experience. What a gift it can turn out to be!💫

    ReplyDelete
  2. Small things with great love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just what the doctor ordered for today, thank you.

    ReplyDelete