Sunday, March 25, 2012

Complaints

Usually, when I complain it is because I am not getting my way, my ego is being ill-treated, or my plans are not happening. Of course, I never see this. When I complain, it is because someone or something else is messy or wrong, or practicing behavior that gets in my way. I blame the outsides. I do not look at the insides, at me, my motives, my fears, my illusions.

The solution to all this "cognitive dissonance" is to look at me. True, there are outside things that need to be addressed. There is injustice, unkindness and suffering that may need my attention. But even then, when I attend to my insides, with honesty and prayer, then I respond to a hurting world with love and not with rage, anger, or complaint. I find that complaining has changed nothing in the world around me. it simply makes me, well, tedious.

No comments:

Post a Comment