Friday, March 2, 2012

Giving Up Stuff

So for Lent you decided to give something up? Did you give up coffee and now have headaches, low energy, and a bit of an attitude with everyone around you? Or maybe you gave up chocolate, movies, shopping, TV. You might see your struggles as a real penance for all your past bad behavior. Suffer for your sins maybe? Well, I suggest you look around and see how everyone else is is doing with your "suffering and penance." Are you making them miserable? You gave up sweets, so no sweets will be allowed around the house? Is your misery making others miserable too? Then I suggest that you make your penance one of being kind, loving, compassionate, and attentive to those around you. Make Lent a time when other people are happier being with you. What a concept!

1 comment:

  1. Fr Terry,
    Thank you for your insight on this Lenten season. You have made me re-evaluate how I treat others and how I should be treating them.
    Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete