Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Time

Time is a gift but we tend to think of it as a given. Today the wind is blowing down from the mountain onto our town at about 70 miles and hour. I hear the fire engines as I type this blog. Something is amiss. Fro example, a person buys a new car and parks it in their driveway under a beautiful tree that gives the house shade in summer. The person says," Ah, I have a new car that will last me for ten years, and a tree to enjoy summer shade." The person goes to bed.

The wind comes in the night. It blows down the tree which crashes onto the new car. The person wakes up and sees their idea of the future, their plans, destroyed. Instead of having their car for ten years, they have it for only one day. We are only guaranteed death, not tomorrow. Are you making your plans accordingly?

1 comment:

  1. I thank you for your thoughts. I visit every few days and read a post or two. It slows me down and I contemplate the thing. I'm new to the religious world and I like the simple messages I read here .. I have a hard enough time remembering what the parts of a Mass are - especially after that tree fell on my car.

    ReplyDelete