Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Consequences

Hitler gets to heaven.  Jesus meets him.  Hitler says, "I read where you died to save us all.  So here I am."  Jesus responds, "Well you are right, so I guess I have to let you in."  As Hitler is about to cross the threshold, Jesus asks, "Oh, Adolph, do you love me?"  Hitler answers, "I do now.  This is a pretty good place!"  Jesus adds, "Well, there are Jews here."  Hitler, frowns and his mood changes.  "Is there anywhere else I could go?"  Jesus says, "Oh, yes there is.  Here comes a fellow you might know.  He will take you there."  Off Hitler goes in the pinions of Satan.

So be careful when you say, "I love you Jesus."  Some of your best enemies, the most difficult people in your life, those you look down upon, might be the very persons you will have to spend with in eternal life.  Maybe we had better start trying to love our enemies now?  Good habits can carry us a long way.  Otherwise, we might be judged as we have judged others.

No comments:

Post a Comment