Saturday, June 16, 2012

Invisible

Catholics say that God is present in the communion wafer.  I just see the communion wafer.  But then, wait.  Is God not supposed to be invisible?  You see God in the cosmos, the night sky filled with stars?  No. You might feel God or whatever you call God, but when you start seeing with your eyes, well then, you have other issues.  God is invisible but still present.  Sometimes I sense a presence and sometimes I feel all alone, seeing only what is visible in front of me.  Just because I don' see God in the host does not mean God is absent.  I think that love is what makes the difference most of the time. If I am in love with someone, but they are not in front of me, I still love them and feel their presence.  I sense no presence of the IRS, except when my taxes are due or I am in arrears. Maybe those believers are right.  God is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment