Sunday, June 24, 2012

Two Masters

Why can't I serve two masters, God and the things of the world?  The world is good, no?  "More" seems to be the word that gets me into difficulty.  I can accept, enjoy, use the things of this world, but once I begin to seek them, that is, to serve them, I never can get enough.  I want more.  So then I get anxious, fearful, and a bit greedy.  But with God there is always enough.  God seems to provide enough God when I seek or serve God.  I am not greedy, lustful or anxious about not having enough God.  When you get to the end of this life will it really matter how many things you have?

1 comment:

  1. Oh but I sure try to serve two masters! Some days God, others the Ego and the world. It is so difficult to remove the bonds of the ego world,especially after years of habit. If only I could keep my focus on what is pure and not be swayed. Always back and forth. The human condition I suppose. One can always try again.

    ReplyDelete