Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Microwave Spirituality

Another image I heard about is "microwave results."  I don't have a lot of time to mess with slow spiritual growth or anything of slow improvement for me.  I want it done quickly, like cooking something fast in a microwave.  I seem to have lots of time to putter away on less important stuff, but that which is really of some significance to my well-being or wholeness, I want it fast.  I want it with my running.  No patience for the long, slow buildup. In prayer, I will give God a few quick minutes and I want to be a balanced, spiritually whole person for the rest of the day, and not let any character defects or bad habits exhibit themselves.  Does it work?  No.  I injure my body running and my soul in my maddening rush to what?  Then again, maybe a microwave prayer of desperation is better than nothing, right?

1 comment:

  1. we already are spiritual beings perhaps we should start here and we might be able to get off the wheel and stop chasing our tails forgiveness lights the fuse

    ReplyDelete