Friday, June 1, 2012

The Visitation

May 31 is the Feast of the Visitation of Mary to her cousin Elizabeth, both of whom are pregnant.  Mary goes to be with her elderly cousin, to be of assistance.  So I went to visit a sick friend in the hospital.  I decided to take public transportation.  I had never been to this hospital.  I took the train and then found a bus at the station that took me right to the hospital.  I found my friend.  We visited for a while.  I felt good.  My fiend was glad I came.  Good deeds can do that. I had not gotten lost.  Then came unexpected gifts.

As I sat outside the hospital at the bus stop, after visiting with my friend, I called an old friend who lived in town but was busy with his mother that day.  It turns out that he was a ten minute walk from the hospital, waiting for his mom to finish having her hair done.  So we had lunch together with his mom.  I thought I would not be able to see his wife who was off on some other tasks.  As we left the parking lot to go the the train station, we spotted her car in the lot and  took a chance that she was having her nails done.  She was.  So I got to say hello to her too.  I went out to do a good deed and so much more came my way.  The best good things are always the unexpected ones, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment