Thursday, January 30, 2014

Baseball

Baseball has always been my sport.  It connects me to my growing up years, to being a boy in the Bronx.  Baseball is the one area in my life where I do not have to grow up.  Girls cannot go back to their dolls, and doll houses and toys.  But boys can go back to their baseball every Spring.  Football came later in my life, and it is somewhat violent.  You can make someone a football player.  You cannot make someone a baseball player.  That is God's doing.  A  ball player can only work on his God-given talent.  Baseball is watching God at work on green fields, and warm days.  I will be in Florida for Spring training this year.  I like my job!

2 comments:

  1. Girls dolls and doll houses become children and family homes - either a blessing or a bane.

    Enjoy the green fields of spring. Have some peanuts and popcorn for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of us girls love baseball, too!

    ReplyDelete