Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Daily Dose

I run several days a week.  I should be seeing improvement right?  I see no improvement.  It seems I just run and get no better.  Maybe I am wasting my time?  Perhaps.  But what if I stopped all together?  I would soon notice a change as I quickly got out of shape.  Stairs would be harder to climb.  Walking about would become more laborious.  Sleep would be more irregular.  Bad moods more regular.  So, maybe it is not so much a matter of "not getting better."  It might be a matter of not getting worse.  That sounds like improvement to me.  I use the same approach with prayer.  I pray on a daily basis.  I am not getting holier.  Why bother?  Well, I could stop…and get a whole lot worse.

3 comments:

  1. Fr. Terry, All of your posts make me reflect, but this one hit a nerve,and hopefully will inspire more resiliency and fortitude on my part for 2014. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Never give in!" Winston Churchill

    ReplyDelete