Thursday, January 9, 2014

Jobs

Often, decisions or controversies are about money, power, and jobs.  I tend to focus on these and not the headline issues.  The German bishops want to give communion to Catholics who are remarried without an annulment.  A Vatican prelate (Cardinal) is against this.  He gives religious language about sacramental economy.  Ask yourself, if people could receive communion without an annulment, then would not the number of people seeking annulments drop?  How many ordained in the Vatican get income and jobs from annulment work?  Connect the dots.

3 comments:

  1. Fr. Terry I do not know all of the dogma related to who can and who can't receive Communion, but if Jesus can't help people "mono y mono" how are we mere mortals to do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who can or or cannot receive communion has nothing to do with dogma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well in my little world of trying to raise my family, I have to grab all the money and power in my job that I am able; otherwise they will replace me..so much for conversion and transformation.

    ReplyDelete